If your planning a trip to Cancun in 2012 why not plan it around a concert or major event, Cancun is a heaven for all the big names like Enrique Iglesias, Pittbull, Shakira, DJ Tiesto and even Sir Paul McCartney.
Live in Concert
- Ricardo Arjona: 10th February 2012 at Beto Avila next too the Andres Q.Roo Stadium
- Pittbull 18th February at Andres Q. Roo Stadium
Enrique Iglesias: March 1o at Moon Palace Learn more
- Sir Paul McCartney: dates unknown but rumors have it that he will be playing at Chichen Itza for the Equinox in 2012
DJ Tiesto: The City night club Cancun 5th April. Learn more
Cancun Triathlon Series 8th July 2012, join in with around 700 other competitors. Learn more
- February 22-26 (Annual event ): Mayakoba Golf Classic. El Camaleón Golf Club at Mayakoba, Riviera Maya
The El Camaleón Golf Club in Playa del Carmen is the venue for Mexico’s Mayakoba Golf Classic, part of the US PGA Tour since 2007. The winner’s share of the US$3.7 million purse is a cool US$648,000
- May 13th: Hacienda Tres Rios Triathlon ~ The contest consists of a 750 meter swim, 20 kilometer bike ride and a 5 km run Riviera Maya, Q. Roo (February 2012) More than 300 national and international athletes will meet in the Riviera Maya to participate in the 2nd Annual 2012 Sprint Triathlon to be held on Sunday, May 13 at Hacienda Tres Rios Resort, Spa & Nature Park. To register: email@example.com 984 877 24 51.
- November 17th -18th: Xel-Há triathlon. Each year, in front of the majestic setting of a natural inlet at theCaribbean Sea, the Sprint Triathlon Xel-Há is carried out. Open to all ages.
- All Year: Xel-Há Yoga: The closest Saturday to the 21st of each month, come to Xel-Há and celebrate harmony in a session of Yoga and Meditation. Sessions takes place at the Lighthouse and it is free. On December 21st, 2012, a new era will begin, the era of the Sixth Sun.
2012 Cancun ITU World Cup Triathlon: 7th October 2012 Cancun Hotel Zone. 1st place will receive 6,250 USD total $50,000 in prize money. Learn more
Boxing in the Ring at The Oasis resort in Cancun: Learn more
- 31st March: Venezuelan Jorge Coqui Romero V’s Cancun local Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson and in another main event fight Mexico City’s Marco Antonio Periban Vs Guadalajara’s Geradro Diaz.
- 7th April: Mexcio’s Edgar Sosa V’s Mexico’s Wilbert “Huracan” Uicab - 12 Rounds – Flyweight division
- Rose Bar at ME hotel have ladies night every Friday night starting at 10pm to 2am with free vodka, run and tequila drinks, one very classy night out.
- Puerto Morelos International music festival : The 7th Annual International Music Festival in Puerto Morelos January 26th-28th, 2012 and February 2nd-4th, 2012
- Cancun Riviera Maya Food and Wine festival: Not one, but 24! of the best STAR CHEFS of the continent will be exploring what they can do with the finest Mexican ingredients at the TRIBUTE TO MEXICO Opening Dinner.
- Music in Puerto Morelos. April 14th at 7:30 p.m. will be held a clasic music concert on the beach, close to Ojo de Agua Hotel. Come and join us with you beloves to a romantic evening, and spend some moon light hours in Puerto Morelos’s beach.
- April 24th -30th: Flower Power back to the 60′s & 70′s at the Oasis resort.
- May 17th – 26th: Jazz U Daily jazz performances at the Oasis resort.
- May 17 – 19: Sacred Maya Journey In 2012, Xcaret, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen will all dress in white to celebrate the 6th Sacred Mayan Journey, the Celebration of a New Era, which the Maya foresaw in their calendars and sacred prophecies. Watch as the sacred crossing is rein-acted from Playa Del Carmen to Cozumel and from Cancun to Isla Mujeres.
- May 20 -27th: Worlds First Fire Dancing Championships Playa Del Carmen - fire will light up the streets of Playa del Carmen and thousands of hearts. The FLAME MASTER FEST will be the largest event dedicated to fire and Fire Dancing in Latin America, and one of the largest in the world. This massive happening will gather enthusiasts from everywhere in a unique celebration. $50,000 usd in Prizes.
- May 2012: Cancun Arts and Cultural Festival: Mexico’s premier resort gets an injection of culture with painting and photography exhibitions, literary workshops for teenagers, cinema screenings and performances by local bands at the annual Cancún Art and Cultural Festival. The best part is, it’s all for free. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- June 2012 FM Cancun Festival:Las Palapas Park The hottest local groups play to adoring crowds, mostly screaming girls, at Cancún’s Palapas Park every year. Catch rap, alternative rock, hip hop, reggae, ska and the saxophone- and trombone-heavy duranguense at the FM Cancún Festival. Location: Las Palapas Park, Cancun – Free 12pm to 12am
- June 2nd: Xel-Há celebrates a traditional honey-harvest twice a year, cleaning its hives and collecting honey during the full moon in June and December. This beautiful ceremony is conducted by a Mayan priest, with music, traditional altars, and is ultimately celebrated with a feast.
- 28th June – 5th July: Coyote Country Festival - Performances by Montgomery Gentry, John Michael Montgomery and Bo Rice & Josh Gracin. Oasis Resort
- July 12th-15th: Music Beach Fest - at Grand Palladium Riviera Maya
- August 2012 International Day of the Whale Shark: Cancún voices the importance of the wide-mouthed whale shark, prevalent off the Yucatán coast from May to September, on the annual International Day of the Whale Shark. There are conservation talks and boat trips to see the planet’s largest fish.
- September 15 Independence Day in Cancun: Independence Day celebrations in Cancún traditionally kick off the night before, on 15 September, with crowds echoing the ‘Viva México!’ cry by the country’s liberator, Miguel Hidalgo. After a tequila-drenched night of partying, watch dancing parades and singing mariachis. Free.
- November 22nd – 24th: Riviera Maya Jazz Festival: more details to come as the line up gets released.
- November 2021 Danxica: Dancers and choreographers from across the world present and take part in workshops and performances at Danxica contemporary dance festival every year. Limber up for ballet, hip hop, jazz and other genres of dance at venues throughout Cancún.
- November 2012 Cancun Revolution Day: Students and the armed forces perform human pyramids and the popular ‘tiger jump’ through a ring of flames on a grand annual Revolution Day parade through Cancún. The Mexican Revolution began in 1910 and culminated in the 1917 Mexican Constitution.
- November 2012 Cancun Fest: Mexico’s most buzzing resort wakes from its sunbathing stupor with a lively and diverse program of dance and theatre performances, art exhibitions, live music, food fairs, catwalks and more during the annual Cancún Fest. Events occur across the coastal city.Catch live concerts from pop to electronic pop, rock, funk and Mexican trova music at the beto Ávila Stadium and Wet’n Wild marine park. Energetic types warm up for races around the hotel district, volleyball, football and basketball matches and cheer on masked wrestlers at typically Mexican Lucha Libre fights.
Cancun Nightlife Everyone knows that Cancun is famous for all night parties, live entertainment and discos… we have put together a list of clubs in the Cancun hotel zone to help you plan your nightly activities.
If you need accommodation have a look at our deals section for hotel packages for Cancun and Riviera Maya.